Armstrong's Commitment to Building Green Strategies
Building green preserves resources, reduces energy consumption and provides a healthier home for your family. Armstrong's building system goes beyond the industry to insure we do our part in preserving our natural resources.
How Green Building Strategies Save Energy and Natural Resources
- Panelized walls using advanced framing methods allows for less wood and more insulation in the wall cavity.
- Panelized walls built in a factory controlled environment means less waste and less exposure to moisture, thus reducing the possibility of mold.
- Engineered wood products used in floors, walls and roofs, utilize fast growing, small diameter trees efficiently.
- 50 year warranted composite type sidings made from environmentally friendly materials.
- Low "Green" VOC finish materials are used on all interior doors and trims to reduce emissions of volatile gases in your home.
Let's Work Together to Help the Environment
Armstrong will guide you in selecting energy efficient insulation and windows, energy-saving heating and lighting, and use of natural light and skylights to reduce your household energy use. Investing in energy efficiency is good for the environment and good for your cost of living in the future.
Building a Better Community
In addition to contributing financially to numerous local charities and sponsoring events for their benefit, Armstrong encourages its employees to volunteer within the community. Armstrong is actively involved in building comfortable homes for those in need through Habitat for Humanity. Armstrong's home building efforts for the benefit of Habitat for Humanity have been honored by official Proclamation by the Mayor of the City of Tacoma, Washington. Click below to see a video of a Habitat for Humanity project worked on by Armstrong in Kent, WA.